In a time-honored fashion round the campfire, friends gather around roaring blazes and are enveloped in the finest sounds and songs. Good ol’ sing-a-longs, storytelling and music from across the land adorn each gathering. Every fire is a unique event with a magic concoction of spontaneity, rare talents and the unknown. All drenched in the sepia tones of the firelight and tinged with wooded aromas and the thrumming of the city, beyond the fires reach. Keeping the campfire alive will be some of the very best music to be heard in the city, always without the aid of amplification.
The Campfire club happens at several venues across London (see below for more info). They have mostly sold out in advance so we recommend buying tickets in advance to guarantee yourself a tree stump. The concerts take place outdoors in all weathers, thus full waterproofs and warm clothes are highly recommended.
A full bar will be stocked with home made wines, ciders, ales and the odd drop of mead too!
Campfire Club Venues
Phytology Nature Reserve > Brings artists and botanists together to explore the medicinal properties of plants that are common to derelict urban environments. The area’s rural past is now invisible through most of the borough – a rare example of a place where it is still possible to have a sense of continued history. Middleton road, Bethnal Green
From the Factory > A truly unique place in the heart of the East End of London. Secret Location and needs to be seen to be believed
The Glengall Wharf Gardens > A beautiful new community garden space in Peckham, developed over recent years by locals keen to progress their skills in permaculture and growing organic food. Glengall Road, Burgess Park
PLUS New venues to announced for 2017!
What the audience say...
"What a magical 1st evening 🇬🇧 thanks to a brilliant #campfireclub feat. @ewanmclennan & @c4trio prod. by @NestFolk!" --- @odettahartman
"Already the loveliest gig I've been to, and the music hasn't started yet #campfireclub @NestFolk" --- @andthered
"At the calming and ever so beautiful @PhytologyLondon for @NestFolk #CampfireClub. Garden soup, storytelling, beautiful Irish folk. #bliss" ---@ohsiankidd
"Such a lush gig with Gwenny&The Old Accord. #campfireclub" --- @aruhangaliever
- 23 Apr 2016: UnampliFire: 10 Year Anniversary Festival
- 29 Apr 2016: Campfire Club 2016 Series Launch | The Rheingans Sisters & Tantz
- 06 May 2016: Campfire Club 2016 | Jeff Warner & Orlando Seale
- 13 May 2016: Campfire Club 2016 | Nick Rasle & Samantha Lindo
- 27 May 2016: * SOLD OUT * Campfire | The Cajun Country Revival: Jesse Lége & Joel Savoy
- 10 Jun 2016: SOLD OUT | Campfire Club 2016 | iyatraQuartet & Leonie Evans & Debashish Bhattacharya
- 30 Jun 2016: * SOLD OUT * Campfire Club 2016 | Veda Slovena Bulgarian Choir, The Brothers Gillespie & Alabaster DePlume
- 08 Jul 2016: * SOLD OUT * Campfire Club | Ewan McLennan, C4 Trío & Odetta Hartman
- 22 Jul 2016: Campfire 2016 | Tim Dalling’s Bonie Squad + Rhona Dalling + The Great Choir of London
- 05 Aug 2016: * SOLD OUT * Campfire Club | Anna & Elizabeth & Stranger Stranger
- 12 Aug 2016: Campfire 2016 | Blair Dunlop + Rachel Ries
- 19 Aug 2016: Campfire Club 2016 | Jenny M Thomas’ Bush Gothic
- 10 Sep 2016: Campfire Club 2016 | All Our Exes Live in Texas
- 16 Sep 2016: Campfire Club 2016 | Alice Zawadzki
- 20 Sep 2016: Campfire Club 2016 | Lulo Reinhardt & Andre Krengel Quartet
- 07 Oct 2016: Campfire Club 2016 | Gwyneth Herbert & The Magic Lantern
- 14 Oct 2016: Campfire Club 2016 | Trills, Florence Lawrence Chorus & Fellow Pynins
- 21 Oct 2016: SOLD OUT Campfire Club Season Finale | Dizraeli & Elphara